Sunday, August 14, 2011

Requiem Mass in D minor (K. 626) by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart

I heard it.
I heard Requiem Mass in D minor (K. 626) by Mozart.
The deathly melodies flew around the room
And took over the last bit of a desperate soul.
It was tormenting, shall I make a guess;
Only could I hear the sound of a coffin.
What is it about human death,
I hope not to make it too personal.
When it becomes personal,
There is the mourning, the crying, the grief,
And the obsession we cling onto
That ruin us inside and out.
We all knew it to come.
Mozart composed a requiem, almost for himself.
I wonder if he had been imagining
Of his own death for the piece of music.
He was requested by the unknown.
With the extravagant passion and talents
He composed it and let the song cry loud
In the funeral of the very wife of his.
It was the great Mozart
That the God had sent to us
To create one magnificent piece of death.

1 comment:

  1. This is definitely the best of yours! This just leaves me with a clear image of you listening to the music and all the described feelings. omg omg. fabulous.

    ReplyDelete